Poker Enlighter is a poker equity calculator written in Java. It has multiple options for performing a variety of simulations. The program will calculate the percentage of winnings, losses and ties between hands or specific ranges.
Poker Enlighter consists of 3 distinct projects:
- Poker Enlighter Simulator, which contains the code and functionality to perform the simulations/calculations.
- Poker Enlighter Swing UI that sits on top of the simulator and provides user-friendly access to its functionality.
- Poker Enlighter CLI also sits on top of the simulator; it provides a command-line interface to the Simulator.
All the capabilities and how to use the projects are extensively documented in the Manual section of each project.
Any news or updates about the fate of this piece of art can be seen below. You can subscribe to these using the RSS feed. The link is in the footer.
This version brings 2 major features:
- Support for 5-Card Omaha and 5-Card Omaha Hi/Lo
- A more robust and developer-friendly way of creating the Simulator object
Check the Changelog and the Developer Guide page for more details.
This version marks not one, but two very important milestones in the development of Poker Enlighter:
- Poker Enlighter is now split in 2 separate projects: the Simulator and the Swing UI
- Poker Enlighter is, as of now, open-source under the LGPL v2.1 license
Check the Changelog for more details and the new Developer Guide page for details on how to make use of these new exciting features.
The next versions of both projects will contain major changes and improvements as well.
This version fixes some rare bugs within the simulation engine, improves XML export functionality and adds an important component of the quality assurance process: unit-tests.Check the Changelog for more details.
I'm really excited about the upcoming 2.4 version since I have so many nice code improvements in plan.
This version fixes a critical bug which causes incorrect results in Omaha Hi/Lo simulations, improves the XML export functionality, upgrades some of the 3rd-party libraries and adds some other small improvements.Check the Changelog for more details.
This version fixes a very nasty bug which caused the "Export to XML" button to never be available.
This version, among other things, adds export functionality for simulation results and allows viewing the bar graphs in 4 different flavours. Check the Changelog for more details.
This is a bugfix version. It fixes several issues and makes multiple tweaks to the GUI. Check the Changelog for more details.
The full Manual will be available sometime in the next 24 hours.
This marks the beginning of the 2.x version line, after almost 2 years since the 1.x version line was abandoned.Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha version, which means that bugs are to be expected. You can report them using the Contact link found in the footer, or you can sign up on the forums and report them there.